Employee experience is a 2021 top-five priority for HR professionals. Directly attributed to levels of engagement and trends involving turnover, employee experience is of growing importance for organizations across a wide range of industries. For those serious about making needed improvements, solution strategies must involve the development of direct supervisors – the primary source of frustration for most employees. In this SoS short episode, AEU LEAD's Joe White offers four tips front-line managers can use to improve the employee experience.
- Are new hires wowed or are they wooed with the onboarding process?
- Are tools and equipment required for their jobs readily available and in good repair?
- Where work authorization is required, are permits signed and ready to go when employees arrive?
- Do employees know what's expected of them? Are they provided with everything needed to be successful?
- Until you consistently provide for an employee's most basic needs, nothing else really matters.